Thursday, December 30, 2010

Appointment 33 weeks

We are starting our weekly doctor appointments with either the perinatologists or the OB starting today.  We met with the perinates and, as usual, it went very well.  I have been seen by all the doctors in the office and feel very comfortable with each of them.   They each have helped me answer questions that I had regarding Chase's delivery and today's discovery was most enlightening.  I was "assured" that what happened was "procedural related" and that because of this another placental abruption had even lesser odds of reoccurring.    Of course this is nice to hear, but it does not change the fact that my baby died and that I know anything can happen and until this baby is home in my arms, I will not take it for granted.  I thoroughly enjoy each day of the pregnancy.  I feel giddy when I think about meeting this little one but first and foremost, I love every day I get to carry him.  I talk to him and rub my belly when I feel him move.  And I think of Chase being in there and how he did all these same things, too.  And how I wished I would have cherished each day I had with him.  I don't really think about anything past bringing this one home.  In that I mean I don't cherish it for the fact that it may very well be my last pregnancy.  If it is, it is.  I just am thankful for each day I get, because I don't know what tomorrow will bring.  It's not a sad thing to think that way, it is just a way to really enjoy the now in life.  To just "be", as my yoga teacher says.

Here is a picture of the little one at 33 weeks, 4 days.  He measures nearly 35 weeks, weighing in at 5.5 lbs. and 17.4 inches so far.  We can't wait to meet you little buddy.  I wonder who you will resemble most....  Until we meet, I hope you enjoy this wonderful place you are sharing with your big brother Chase and will be ready to tell me all about it in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment